Tuition & Fees
In-Step Dance & Performing Arts Center is proud to be one of the top dance schools in Houston that provides tuition that’s affordable and comparable for each family. While we know you have many dance schools to choose from, we are confident that our teaching ability shines value on our tuition rates.
Each family has the option to pay the season monthly tuition by autopay (Plan A- see below) or in full with a 10% discount in the months of August or September only (Plan B- see below). All accounts are required to have a valid payment method on file, which is saved securely in our software, Studio Director. Tuition rates are for our full Fall dance season, August through June. Our full Fall season of dance includes a minimum of 35-36 sessions. Monthly tuition is a flat-rate based on the full season year and does not fluctuate with student absences or holidays. Finally, our tuition is based on the student’s hours danced per week.
Each family is required to pay a non-refundable individual student/family (two or more students) registration fee immediately upon enrollment for each season including the Fall ($50.00/$75.00), Summer ($15.00/$30.00), and additional camps/performances/plays/activities that apply.
There are no refunds for registration, recital fees, costume fees, missed classes, studio holidays, unexpected weather conditions that require studio closure, or competition fees.
In-Step is honored to provide a $5.00 monthly discount to CISD personnel, Medical personnel, Church Clergy, Active Duty Military personnel, and Montgomery County Law Enforcement. A current ID must be provided to ISDC and scanned into your account in order to qualify for this discount. In addition, If two (2) or more family members take 5+ hours of dance per week, you qualify for Unlimited Dance tuition of $500/month.
- Plan A: Monthly Autopay: Your child’s tuition will be auto-debited from your account on the 1st day of the month with the credit/debit card you have on file. In the event your card is declined, a $20.00 NSF fee will be automatically applied to your account. In the event ISDC is unable to obtain your tuition balance in full by the 5th of the month, a $25 Late Fee will be added to your account. ISDC will send out an email for immediate declined payments that will also include a statement of your balance. For account balances that have not been paid by the 15th of the month, a $5 daily late fee will be added to your account. Non-Payment by the 15th of the month will result in zero participation until the account balance is paid in full.
- Plan B: Full Season Payment: Any family that wishes to pay their Fall season tuition in full in the months of August or September, they will receive a 10% discount. This option does not discount the non-refundable season registration fee.
The chart below reflects the 2021/2022 Fall Season tuition including the 10% discount for Plan B.
|Hours danced per week||Plan A: Monthly||Plan B: Full Season Payment with 10% Discount|
Additional Fees, Private Lessons & More
End of the Season Recital: Each June, we end our season with our fully staged, professional Spring Recital Extravaganza. We encourage but do not require participation. Recital schedules, locations and other information will be published after Christmas Break. Recitals are an extenuation of the benefits derived from dance training. Students learn discipline, cooperation, stage direction, and terminology. Stage presence helps children to overcome shyness and develop their individual personalities.
Please click to view our 2021/2022 Recital Information guide for more details.
Adult Dance Cards: Any adults 18+ are welcome to dance in our current adult classes or workshops that apply without the commitment of a seasonal enrollment. Dance Cards require a non-refundable $25 registration fee, and $135.00 payment due in full for ten (10) Classes. Dance Cards expire 90 days from the date of purchase and can be used for either dance studio location. We also provide a Single Drop-In Class option for $20/class.
Rentals: ISDC is blessed with a fantastic facility and we love blessing others with the use of our space. We provide a few options of rentals and prices shown below are not guaranteed and may be subject to change based on availability and use.
- Payments must be paid prior to rental. We accept most major credit cards and Venmo payments directly to @Arts-In-Motion-5678
- Short Term Rentals: Studio A or B- $40/hr, $25/30 min.
- Long Term Rentals: Studio B or C only. Long term qualifies for more than 4 rentals in a row. $30/hour, $15/30 min.
Please click to view our current Facility Rental & Agreement Information guide for more details.
Private Lessons: Do you or your child learn better independently, or have a specific goal they want to reach? We provide private dancing lessons for one-on-one tutoring from one of our experienced teachers. Each dance lesson will be expertly customized for you or your child to help them reach their specific performance and competitive goals.We provide a few options of private lessons and prices shown below are not guaranteed and may be subject to change based on instructor availability and lesson needs. In addition, each ISDC instructor may have their own fee schedule.
- $45 per ½ hour
- $65 per hour
Please click to view our current Private Lesson Information guide for more details.