A Message from the Director:
We are dedicated to the enjoyable task of not only teaching you dance, but also to witnessing the development of your mental and physical growth, coordination, poise, grace and personality. To the parents, we hope that by enrolling your child at In-Step you intend to take an active part in helping maintain an enthusiastic attitude in dancing for your child at all times. You must place your trust in us to make proper decisions in your child’s best interest. We trust that your dance experience with us will be a meaningful one. We are here to teach your child the Art of Dance.
RULES & POLICIES
- All students must wear a cover-up over their dancewear to and from the studio.
- Dance shoes should not be worn outside of the building.
- There will be no food or gum permitted in the dance studio.
- Please do not leave any children unattended in the studio.
- No horseplay will be permitted in the lobby or studio.
- Dancers should arrive five minutes before scheduled class time and be picked up promptly after class.
- Please notify the studio if you will be late picking up your dancer.
- If you must pick your dancer up early from class, please send a written notice to the instructor and the instructor will dismiss the dancer from class. No parents allowed to disrupt the class.
- Teachers reserve the right to dismiss any student from class who continuously disrupts.
- A parent/teacher conference must take place before a “dismissed student” may return to class.
- All students should arrive to class on time.
- If a student arrives late, please check in with the office to receive access to class.
- Students should come into class fully prepared with hair properly secured and dance shoes on.
- All students must follow the I.S.D.C. dress code policy.
- No jewelry may be worn to class other than small earrings.
- There will be no food or gum permitted in the studio.
- Student must keep talking to a minimum.
- Any student who repeatedly disrupts the class will be dismissed from class.
- No smoking on premises.
- No T-shirts or sweats during class.
- Proper undergarments are required.
Registration & Tuition Policies
- Registration is accepted on first come first serve basis.
- Classes will be closed to further enrollment once maximum capacity has been reached.
- An annual registration fee will be collected at time of enrollment.
- Initial payment will be collected at time of registration.
- Registration fees and tuition payments are non-refundable.
- There will be no prorating or refunds given due to missed classes.
- Each student is encouraged to make up missed classes in another appropriate leveled class.
- Withdrawing Policy: You must complete a drop form thirty-days prior to your upcoming tuition payment. You will be responsible for the next payment if you do not give a thirty-day written notice. Please be aware that no prorating or refunds will be issued due to withdrawing from classes.
- Inclement Weather: In-Step dance Center will cancel classes when C.I.S.D. chooses to close due to inclement weather.
- Safety for your child is of our utmost concern.
- All young dancers must be escorted to and from the building.
- If a health condition exist which will prevent full participation, please notify In-Step Dance Center in writing as soon as possible.
- No child will be allowed to leave the studio with anyone other than a parent unless with written notice from parent.
- Our 2-way windows are provided for occasional viewing only.
- Blinds will stay open during summer and winter sessions.
- During springtime viewing windows are open only the second week of each month due to the spring recital preparation.
TUITION and FEES (Click Here to view PDF file)
Monthly or Annually
Plan A: 10 Monthly Payments
Plan B: 10 Monthly Payments, auto debit
Plan C: 10% Discount, paid in full only in August / September – 5% after
Registration Fee: $50
Family Registration Fee: $75
Summer Registration: $15
Tuition rates are for the fall season (August – June). Full season of dance includes a minimum of 32-38 sessions. Tuition (Plan B, auto debit) will be debited from your account on the 1st day of the month. $25 late fee will be added on the 5th. $20 NSF fee on checks and auto debit. There are no refunds for registration, recital or competition fees. First month and registration fee due at time of enrollment.
2 month minimum.
fees and tutions
Family Plan and Discounts: 2 or more family members taking 5+ hours of dance per week. Unlimited Dance $450
5 hours – $280
6 hours – $300
7 hours – $320
8 hours – $340
9 hours – $360
10 hours – $380
11 hours – $400
12 hours – $420
Recital Fees: To help defray the cost of recital expenses such as the theater rental, technicians, special effects, props, sets, etc, a non-refundable recital fee is due and will be deducted from your account October 15. The recital fee will include 2 complimentary tickets per family to our Spring Performance, a DVD, T-shirt, program and an award for each performer.Refer to the Recital Page
Cancelled Classes: Classes with less than five students may be cancelled, combined, or rescheduled at In-Step Dance’s discretion.
Withdrawals and Refunds: There is a two-month minimum for all classes. One-month notice from the first of the month is required to discontinue any classes. If your child wishes to withdrawal that you must notify the office in person and complete a withdrawal form one month in advance, or you are responsible for that months tuition. All automatic bank debiting or credit card charges will stop after the one-month notice period. Classes with less than five students may be canceled, combined, or rescheduled at In-Step Dance’s discretion.
Schedule Changes: Changes to your child’s schedule can be made up until November 1st; Thereafter, a charge of $10.00 will be applied to your account for each request made. There are no changes after January 1st and No drops after April 1st.
Business Matters: Must be directed to our office. To voice any concerns or questions with Director, you must make an appointment for a scheduled meeting. No Instructor or Director is to be stopped before, after or during a dance class with questions. This takes away from scheduled classes and WILL NOT BE TOLERATED! Under no circumstance should a parent walk into a dance class room before, during or after a dance class. Thank you ~
Extreme Weather or unexpected Interruption of Classes: If the school must cancel classes due to extreme weather or events beyond our control such as power outages, the missed lessons will be added on to the end of the teaching year. No refunds for lessons missed due these reasons will be given.
Substitutions: The school reserves the right to provide a substitute teacher if the regularly scheduled teacher is ill or otherwise unable to teach classes. If a teacher is ill and the school cannot arrange a substitute any missed classes will be made-up.
Missed Lessons and Make-Up lessons: Absolutely no make-up lessons will be given for missed lessons unless absence is due to serious illness and 24 hour notice (phone or via email) has been given to the office. Make-up lessons will be limited to 2 per year and will require a doctor’s note. No refunds or prorated tuition are given for missed classes. (School activities such as ski trips or programs, band trips, Spring Breaks that differ from our school’s Spring Break, sports games, etc. do not qualify for make-up classes) You will need to fill out a Make-Up class form and hand it to the instructor.
Click Here to go to our Dance Store
PRE-DANCE & COMBINATION CLASSES
BALLET CLASSES-LEVELS I – V & TECHNIQUE CLASSES ( FULL HOUR CLASSES )
TAP, JAZZ, BROADWAY DANCE
MODERN & LYRICAL CLASSES
Black leotard/black tank or sports bra
HIP-HOP, FUNK, BREAKDANCING
Anything you can move in. Comfortable clothing
BOYS – ANY CLASS
White crew neck T-Shirt
Shorts and Dance T-Shirt w/sneakers.
Dance Pants with Work-out leotard, sports bra or leotard.
IF DRESS CODE IS NOT ADHEARD CORRECTLY YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE
AND RETURN WITH PROPER ATTIRE!
Dance Class Attendance and Lateness: Repeated lateness may result in termination of lessons. A minimum attendance level will be required. If a students misses more than 4 classes without written notices, the school reserves the right to terminate lessons. Students missing more than 4 classes after January will not be allowed to participate in the year-end dance recital.
Parent’s Responsibility to be aware of Dates and Events: It is the responsibility of the parent or adult student to be aware of all school activities, such as viewing days, recitals, extra classes, and dates the school is open or closed. The school will post all such notices on the “What’s New” bulletin board as well as sending Newsletters via email. The monthly newsletter will also be available at the studio to take home. It is the parent’s responsibility to regularly check these boards to ensure they are informed. It is the responsibility of the parents or adult students to inform the school of any address, telephone, or email address change.
Care of Students: The school is not responsible for providing before or after class care for the students. Students are not to be left at the school for excessive time before or after classes. Please be prompt when picking up your child.
Photo Release: The school is hereby granted permission to take photographs of the students to use in brochures, web sites, posters, advertisements and other promotional materials.