On This Page
- General Policies
- Social Media
- Instep reserves the right to provide a substitute teacher if the regular teacher is ill or otherwise unable to attend.
- InStep reserves the right to reschedule or combine classes if necessary.
- InStep provides 2-way windows for viewing your dancer during class.
- InStep has flat screen monitors for viewing into each studio room.
- There are No Drops after April 1st, If you plan to drop there will not be a refund for tuition, recital fees, or costumes.
- If you miss more than two of the final eight lessons before recital you maybe dismissed from participating in the recital routine at the discretion of the instructor.
- Please Note: Due to some of our instructors still being active in their professional dance careers, classes are subject to
- No Gum permitted in the dance studios
- Please do not leave any children unattended in the lobby or studios. No playing in any of the studios or Lobby.
- No Parents are allowed to disrupt the class.
- Teachers reserve the right to dismiss any student from class who continuously disrupts.
- All Students must follow the InStep Dance dress code policy.
- No Food or Drinks allowed in studio rooms except water bottles.
In-Step Dance Center Goes to Great Lengths to keep you informed and up to Date!
E-BLAST – NEWSLETTERS – FACEBOOK – TWITTER – INSTAGRAM
BULLETIN BOARDS – HANDOUTS – REMIND.COM
- Messages & Emails will be sent weekly for updates. Text messages will be sent in the event of inclement weather, email will be sent as well and posted on Facebook. Any canceled classes may be made up at your convenience using our regular class schedule.
- Please make sure the front desk has your correct email address on file.
- Front Desk Manager at Sawdust is ready to help answer any question about dance, our dance programs/classes.
- Conferences are scheduled with the Front desk regarding student progress and or concerns
- Recital Handbook is printed and available at the front desk in February and the online version is on our website for total convenience.
- Please Note that we do not necessarily follow school closings – please see Calendar.
- Office Hours:
- Fall – Monday through Friday 3:00-8:00
- Saturdays 9-noon
- Summer – Hours Vary.
- Our primary means of communication is via email.
- In the infrequent case of urgent information (for example, unexpected class cancellations or performance changes), we will send a
text message and/or phone call to all families.
- We always display important information, dates and studio details on our bulletin board in both lobby’s.
- IN-STEP DANCE CENTER’s Social Media Policy refers to all social networking sites, video/photo sharing sites, blogs, micro- blogs, wikis, podcasts, forums, instant messaging and geo-spatial tagging (for example, Facebook check-ins). Please see below for our regulations regarding Social Media and feel free to contact our office staff if you have any questions.
- Please remember that your anonymity on Social Media is never guaranteed and to exercise particular caution when posts, images or videos identify children in your care.
- Any comments or posts perceived to be obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, discriminatory or hateful towards IN- STEP DANCE CENTER staff, students or families may subject the owner to disciplinary or legal action.
- Should you wish to engage on Social Media while identifying as a studio volunteer or employee, you may only do so with integrity, respect, and adhere to privacy and confidentiality policy.
- Any content revealing or referring to sensitive studio information is not allowed to be shared online.
- While affiliated with our studio, (for example, images of your child in IN-STEP DANCE CENTER uniform) we will not tolerate any posts that are racially, sexually, physically or religiously offensive.
- All matters pertaining directly to the studio – whether it be fees, scheduling, placements or performance opportunities – may not be communicated via Social Media. We have an open-door policy and encourage all communication, complaints and feedback to be communicated to the Director directly.
- We discourage parents / students and teachers from becoming ‘friends’ or ‘followers’ on Social Media, unless there is an existing relationship. We consider all studio members to be family and as such feel the obligation to respect and monitor personal boundaries.
- Photos or Videos taken from performances or rehearsals may NOT be posted online.